It's grilling season and these delicious, gluten-free and paleo burgers are the perfect addition to any weeknight dinner or weekend gathering. Flavorful, satisfying and lean, these burgers offer an elegant, yet simple presentation that's not just finger food!
I decided to mix it up and turn my burger inside out. Why not, right? Let's feature the delish ingredients on the outside instead of hiding them inside under a bun...
Triple Decker Inside Out Burger on an Heirloom Tomato "bun" with fresh basil, New Zealand ground lamb mini patties (3 oz each), Neiman Ranch gluten-free bacon, avocado, splashed of garlic aioli and served with baked spicy garlic yam chips with fresh thyme.
Voila! Truly the highlight of any meal and allows the flavor of these gorgeous heirloom tomatoes from our garden to truly shine! Thanks again for motivating me to continue whipping up Hip, Simple, Fabulous™ gluten-free recipes with your comments and questions. I love sharing a little of our kitchen magic with you all.
Mini Lamb Burger Patties
Makes Six 3 oz. patties
2-4 tbsp. grape seed oil 24 oz. ground lamb (we used New Zealand)
6 tbsp. red onion, minced
2 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. dried oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 green onions, chopped 2 tsp. fresh mint, finely chopped 2 tsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tsp. Dijon mustard (make sure it’s a gluten-free brand) Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
2 Large Heirloom tomatoes, sliced thick for “buns”
1 Cup fresh basil leaves, stems removed
1 avocado, chopped
Serve with Garlic Aioli (recipe below) and Baked Spicy Garlic Yam Chips with Thyme (stop back by tomorrow for this recipe or sign up for email delivery!)
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add onions and cook 4-6 minutes until lightly browned. Turn off heat. Add cumin, oregano and garlic and stir until mixed. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine onion mixture, lamb and remaining ingredients. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Form meat into compact 3 ounce patties.
- Preheat gas grill to medium-high. Grill lamb burger patties, approximately 2-3 minutes per side, flipping once, or until desired.
- Serve on Heirloom Tomato “buns” stacked with basil, avocado and Garlic Aioli (see my blog post at cleashannon.com for sauce recipe and details on Baked Spicy Garlic Yam Chips with Thyme)
4-6 crushed garlic cloves
2 egg yolks
1 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
Sea Salt to taste
- Add garlic and egg yolks into a food processor or high-powered blender. Slowly add olive oil and continue to blend or mix until your mixture has emulsified.
- Once thoroughly mixed, add the fresh lemon juice and salt by hand, and whisk together. Enjoy!
- Perfect for dipping Baked Spicy Yam Chips with Thyme, French fries or slathering (in moderation, of course) onto your mini Lamb Burger Patties.
© Copyright Clea Shannon 2013 Eat Inspired Today™ LLC
Sign up to receive my ezine with the latest Hip, Simple, Fabulous™ recipes, healthy inspiration, upcoming cooking classes and event announcements.
*Ready to feel your BEST? Contact me to schedule your wellness break-through session.