Signs for flu shots are everywhere! A reminder that it’s time to start boosting our immunity.
Instead of relying on external solutions, such as flu shots, make these choices to provide your body with essential vitamins and nutrients from the INSIDE out!
Try these timely tips for maximizing nutrients and boosting your immunity:
1. Choose water!
- Add a glass of water to each and every meal
- Swap juices, sodas and carbonated beverages for still water. Add a slice of lemon, lime or orange for flavor!
- Add another before bedtime
2. Fill Up on Produce!
- Load our grocery cart up with colorful produce choices that strengthen our immune system:
- Dark leafy greens such as kale and spinach
- Yellow and orange fruits and vegetables such as citrus fruits, bell peppers, carrots, winter squash and sweet potatoes
- Choose frozen or dried fruit and vegetables that may store for longer periods of time and be more economical
3. Add a Dash of Spice!
- Spice up every meal and add a healthy dose of natural antioxidants:
- Add red and green chile peppers
- Choose turmeric and pepper, cinnamon, parsley and ginger to add flavor and valuable natural herbal porpoerties
- All are rich in vitamins A and C
4. Power Up with Protein!
Add protein into meals to help build, repair and maintain our body’s cells, sustain our immunity and energy:
- Choose lean, skinless meats and fish
- Add beans
- Snack with nuts and nut butters
Here’s to a Happy & Healthy Holiday season!
P.S. There’s still time to enter our giveaway for a Vitamix blender!
Share your stories, comment or ask questions.
Connect on Twitter @CleaShannon. See you soon!