Several short-cuts make this recipe an easy weeknight meal with bold flavors that remind me of my favorite Thai restaurants. Easily prepared in under 30 minutes, the shrimp and rice noodles cook in remarkably little time. Everyone in our family loves the combination of sweet, spicy and crunchy in this dish. Picky eaters? The spice in this dish can easily be adjusted to please everyone’s palette.
As always, I’ve listed a few of my favorite Brands along with the ingredients. Feel free to experiment, get creative with flavors and to substitute your own personal favorites or whatever you have on hand. ENJOY!
Sweet & Spicy Thai Shrimp
- 1 Pound Shrimp, Thawed (Whole Foods Wild Catch Frozen Raw, Shelled, Deveined 31-40 Count)
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ½ teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1 Package Thai Style Thin Rice Noodles (Annie Chun's Brand)
- 1 Cup Sugar Snap Peas (optional Topped and Sliced Thin)
- ¼ Cup Cilantro, Rinsed and Chopped (optional)
- 1 Lime, Quartered (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons Rice Cooking Wine (Eden Mirin Brand)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Peanut Butter (Whole Foods Fresh Ground Unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons Agave Nectar (Blue Agave Light Brand)
- 2 teaspoons Minced Fresh Ginger, Chopped and Minced in Garlic Press (or 1 teaspoon Dry Ground)
- 2 teaspoons Low Sodium Tamari Soy Sauce (SanJe Gluten Free Tamari Brand)
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seed Oil (Dynasty Brand)
- 4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 Cup Broccoli (optional Sliced Thin)
- 1 Cup Cauliflower (optional Sliced Thin)
- 1 Cup Carrots (optional Sliced Thin)
- 1 Cup Spinach Leaves
*Time Saving Tip – Use Precut and Pre-Washed Vegetables or whatever you have on hand to save yourself time!
- Combine Sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well with whisk until smooth. Set aside
- Place Rice Noodles in a Large Bowl. Bring a kettle of water to boil. Pour water over noodles and let for 5 minutes or until noodles are cooked but firm. Drain.
- Steam vegetables (except snap peas) over medium heat. Remove when broccoli turns bright green and is still firm.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over Medium/High Heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes (optional). Add Shrimp. Stir often until cooked evenly. (approximately 2-5 minutes) Add pepper to taste.
- Using same bowl noodles were cooked in, toss noodles, sauce and shrimp until coated evenly.
- Serve with vegetable. Sprinkle with crunchy, raw snap peas. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedge (optional)
Nutrition Info: (Serving Size Approx. ¼ of recipe)
Calories 464, Fat 7g, Sat Fat .2g, Sodium 370mg, Carbs 64g, Fiber 5.6g, Protein 34g
*Nutrition Information is approximate and may change as a result of the specific brands of ingredients and type of fish that you select.
This recipe is: Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free