I spent an incredible weekend meeting with folks at Whole Foods Market Hillcrest as part of Celiac Awareness month. Thank you all for sharing your passion, enthusiasm and your personal stories of healing and empowerment through food. We'll be celebrating with a dedicated Gluten-Free Pantry Makeover Discussion and Workshop at Whole Foods Market in Hillcrest, San Diego THIS Thursday, May 26th, 2011 from 6:30-8:00pm in the dining area.
Join me for:
- Tips to stock your pantry with nourishing, delicious, gluten-free foods
- Creative ways to eat around your limitations and restrictions
- Hand-picked, flavor-packed gluten-free recipes using some of our favorite gluten-free products
- Delicious, gluten-free substitutes for your favorite recipes
- The knowledge to fuel your body and delight your taste buds
- A road map for making healthy, delicious, nourishing, gluten-free choices
- Satisfying AND nourishing gluten-free choices
- Answers to your gluten-free questions
I LOVE to eat delicious, nourishing food. I believe that what we feed ourselves is more than simply fuel - our food is a reflection of how we choose to live our lives each and every day.
In the meantime, here are some wonderful resources covering everything from the basics to the intricately scientific.
Scientific Publications on Celiac Disease: http://www.celiaccenter.org/celiac/publications.asp
Columbia University's Celiac Disease Center: http://www.celiacdiseasecenter.columbia.edu/CF-HOME.htm
Difference between Celiac and Gluten Sensitivity (University of Maryland Study): http://celiacdisease.about.com/b/2011/03/11/u-of-md-study-identifies-differences-between-celiac-gluten-sensitivity.htm
National Foundation for Celiac Awareness: http://www.celiaccentral.org/
National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising awareness for celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
Celiac Sprue Association
Celiac Disease Foundation (CDF) is a highly-regarded national organization recognized throughout the world.
The Celiac Sprue Association/United States of America, Inc., is a national education organization that provides information and referral services for persons with the Celiac Disease.
San Diego Gluten-Free Community and resources.
Read about UC San Diego Medical Center's Adult Celiac Disease Clinic which offers diagnosis and treatment.