Picture this conversation I recently had at my local spa.
"You're skin looks great!" the aesthetician says sounding excited. A pause, then slightly disappointed, "You've been getting facials, haven't you?"
Me sounding flattered yet baffled, "Thanks but no..."
Don't get me wrong. I care about my skin.
I just prefer to keep it simple!
I can't be bothered with a strict multi-stage skin care regimen repeated twice daily, expensive lotions and potions (that might not be gluten free!) and regularly scheduled facials.
Instead I believe in the inside out philosophy. The foods I eat help my body to create my skin, my nails, my hair and my teeth. Invest in those foods.
Junk in = Junk out
While I could spend a fortune on lotions, potions and treatments I'd rather use those funds for my food. I enjoy the flavors and my body repays me with radiance that can't be bought any other way.
Here are a few of my favorite WINTER RADIANCE BOOSTING FOODS:
1. Kale, Spinach and all dark leafy greens - raw or lightly sauteed
2. Grapefruit, Meyer Lemon and Valencia Orange
3. Watercress - adds just a hint of spice to salads, soups and garnishes
4. Greens drinks (such as Amazing Grass)
5. Nuts and Fresh Ground Nut butters
7. Dried Persimmons - unsulphured, unsweetened dried fruits offer fiber and a bit of sweet
8. Ginger - fresh, dried or pickled
9. Coconut Oil and Coconut Butter - neutral unflavored varieties are perfect for cooking or as an alternative spread
10. Water - drink often, fresh and at room temperature
These WINTER RADIANCE BOOSTING FOODS include fabulous seasonal fruits and vegetables and rich, oily foods that offer our skin wonderful phytonutrients, crucial vitamins and enriching oils to enhance healthy strength and create radiance all year long.
Keep me posted! I can't wait to hear how you're feeling and looking this season thanks to these WINTER RADIANCE BOOSTING FOODS. Stay tuned for my favorite recipes using these foods!