That's right! I just turned 40 (March 6th) and believe it or not, I am thrilled. Here are 40 reasons (and an added bonus) why I absolutely adore being the BIG 4-0.
And honestly, we all should.
There are so many valuable, amazing and fabulous experiences I've shared, so much I've learned, so much I've loved and yes, so much to be proud of...This is 40 for me (and no I haven't seen the movie).
What's on your Top 40 list for why you LOVE being?
Whatever age you are ENJOY it! Give yourself a BIG, warm un-birthday hug from me.
What I know now that I'm the BIG 4-0!
- Respond with grace. I have the power to change how I react.
- I say “No” often, with courage and without guilt.
- I say “Yes” only when I really mean it and know I will stand behind it.
- Love myself before trying to love others.
- Schedule self-care. I fill my own well often so that I have plenty to share.
- There is plenty of love to go around and hugs are a valuable resource!
- Surround myself with people who appreciate me, inspire me and recognize the great within me.
- Food and attitude have the power to change everything.
- Own my power. When someone or something no longer serves me, let it go.
- Accept that change is inevitable and healthy. Discomfort is a good sign that it’s positive change.
- I appreciate my body and all it is capable of!
- Worrying and complaining are wasteful. I’d rather spend my time and energy doing something to change the situation.
- There is such a thing as too much information (and not enough action).
- Don’t be shy! Reach out to the people who inspire me.
- Blessing in disguise. What others see as a disadvantage, curse or disease, is actually an opportunity.
- When I am on my right path, the Universe provides me with everything I need.
- Follow-through is everything. I am consistent with my word.
- People will tell me I can’t. Do it anyway.
- Trust and believe the best in people. Let the rest go.
- Letting go is sometimes even more difficult than holding on.
- Forgive and move on. Be the bigger person.
- Life will continue to teach me the same lesson, until I learn it.
- Embrace who I am. All of it.
- Be willing to offer help AND to receive it.
- Mistakes are a natural part of the process. Learn to handle them with grace and compassion.
- Be willing to be honest and expect honesty from others.
- Be willing to ask for what I want (it’s really the only way to get it). I may have to ask more than once (or a dozen times) - don’t give up!
- Believe in something with all my heart. Doubt can be helpful. It keeps me curious.
- I’d rather be happy and alone than together and miserable.
- Animals are incredible companions and guides. Cherish every moment with theses furry friends.
- Parenting is by far my biggest challenge and my greatest achievement.
- People will judge me. Let them. I set my own judgment aside. Everyone has a unique story and a context I know nothing about.
- I accept that just because something works for me, does not mean it will work for everyone.
- My heart will break and it will heal and I will be stronger for it. (and not bitter)
- Flexibility and strength are BOTH assets.
- Life goes by so quickly. I make time to slow down and enjoy it at least once each day.
- Focus on what IS working. Gratitude and gratitude journals help me to do this.
- Get moving every day. My body, mind and spirit will thank me.
- Start before I'm ready. Don't wait for happy endings, make them!
- It’s not about being right. It’s about being and loving and compassion.
Here's one more bonus for good measure and the year ahead:
People will remember how I make them feel. Lavish myself and others with love instead of criticism.
So, what's on your Top 40 list? Share in the comments below. I look forward to hearing from you!
© Copyright Clea Shannon 2013
Eat Inspired Today™ LLC
Sign up to receive my ezine with the latest Hip, Simple, Fabulous™ recipes, healthy inspiration, upcoming cooking classes and event announcements.
*Ready to feel your BEST? Contact me to schedule your complimentary wellness break-through session.