These simply delicious no-bake protein bars truly are a SNAP! to make. Perfect for a week day power snack or a grab-and-go trail snack, these bars are a great substitute for store-bought bars.
While I’m grateful that gluten-free bars have become prevalent and I can grab something from the store when I’m in a pinch, I truly enjoy being able to create these simple, delicious bars at home with the knowledge of exactly what goes into them.
Snap! Almond Protein Bars contain all natural whole foods ingredients, unlike their store-bought cousins, which often contain loads of processed ingredients, refined sugars and preservatives. I make these versatile gluten-free favorites for after-school activities or pre-workout power snacks!
When I’m hungry between my health coaching clients and nutrition school studies I know I can feel good about grabbing a square of these power-packed treats and they’ll get me through. Along with acting as a great brain boosting food, both almonds and coconut oil help to satisfy our hunger and prevent over-eating. Almonds help to improve energy levels and as a high source of fiber, helps to regulate digestion.
I love to make these ahead on a weekend afternoon and refrigerate – in a Snap! we can pull a perfect square of energy boosting goodness:-) I will admit that we love adding a bit of chocolate to these as an added treat, on occasion – but these tasty little Snap! bars are just right without as well.
Give these a try instead of your store-bought favorites (we’re fans of Lara Bars) and let us know what you think!
Come join our community on Facebook and receive recipes, tips and daily inspirations.
Snap! Almond Protein Bars
2 cups raw almonds
½ cup flax meal
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
½ cup unsalted almond butter
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup coconut oil
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional, we use ENJOY Life minis)
- Combine almonds, flax meal, shredded coconut, almond butter and salt in a food processor.
- Pulse briefly for 10-15 seconds.
- In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil over very low heat.
- Remove coconut oil from stove.
- Gently stir honey, syrup and vanilla into oil.
- Pour coconut oil mixture into food processor.
- Pulse until ingredients become a thick and coarse paste.
- Gently mix chocolate chips in by hand (optional).
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Gently press mixture into baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, until bars harden.
- Cut into squares or bars and serve or cover and store in refrigerator.
Find me on Facebook here or follow me on Twitter @CleaShannon.
Hungry for more? Order your FREE Nutrition Book now.
Contact me to schedule your complimentary 30-minute wellness break-through session.